1. Cocoa contains the stimulant phenylethylamine, a natural endorphin that increases libido. It is also rich in magnesium which helps us relax. Try snacking on a couple of squares of dark chocolate or adding cocoa nibs to smoothies or baking.
2. Celery contains the hormone androsterone, which is released through male perspiration and has been shown to attract women. Try guacamole with celery sticks for a tasty snack.
3. Pumpkin seeds contain zinc which is needed to make testosterone. Delicious toasted as a snack, added to salads or smoothies.
4. Artichokes were treasured by Ancient Romans for their aphrodisiac properties. This may be due to the fact that artichokes are rich in magnesium which increases the production of sex hormones. Jarred artichokes are a great salad ingredient.
5. Almonds are a great libido enhancing food as they are high in zinc which increases hormone production and essential fatty acids which balance your overall hormones. Try almond nut butter on toast for breakfast.
6. Blueberries are a great source of B Vitamins which are essential for hormone balance. They can be added to porridge, yoghurt or smoothies.
7. Avocados are packed full of nutrients for optimal sex drive such as essential fatty acids, folic acid and vitamin B6. Mashed avocados are delicious on toast.
8. Chili peppers contain capsaicin and garlic contains allicin – both of these increase blood flow to the sex organs. Curries and stir-fry dishes are a great way to incorporate more spices into your diet.
9. Bananas are high in the enzyme bromelain which has been shown to boost libido. Add to smoothies or porridge or enjoy as a snack.
10. Watermelon has been discovered to have ingredients that deliver Viagra-like effects to the human body’s blood vessels. Watermelon also makes a delicious refreshing smoothie.
Subscribe to receive our latest posts in your inbox once a month!